Welcome to the 2022 season!
It takes all of us to pull off a stellar swim season. Parents are needed to help make everything run smoothly, from meets to ribbons to the end-of-the-year banquet. Be prepared to sign up for at least one volunteer role per meet. And we thank you in advance for your help!
Shannon Park Pool is amazing because of you. Your energy. Your ideas. Your participation. Please consider helping us out next year, otherwise we can’t make this happen. Please email Dan Isaacs if you are considering being a team manager next year.
Weeks of 6/2, 6/6, 6/9, 6/13, 6/16, 6/20 with the All Stars on 6/28.
2022 Swim Team Fees: First child – $100 / Each additional child – $85
Bathing suit not included.
SO, HOW DOES THIS WHOLE SWIM TEAM THING WORK?
It’s pretty simple, actually. Coaches lead team practices Monday through Thursday. These will include both dry-land and time in the water. Attend as many practices per week as you can. Meets are in the evenings, once or twice per week. Home meets are a family affair—we all work together to make them awesome. After the season is over, we have a banquet. And a good time is had by all.
Tell me more about swim meets.
Before each meet, you will receive an email asking you to declare whether or not your child will attend that meet. It’s extremely important that you respond to this email because the coaches are too busy with other aspects of the meet to follow up with you. If you don’t respond your child will not be able to swim. Arrive at the meets on time, and encourage your child to swim their best.
- Cheer REALLY loudly.
- Arrive on time. 5:30. Warm-up prevents injury, and it gets our team in gear!
- Help make sure your child is aware of when they are swimming. Swimmers need to pay attention to the meet and be ready to swim, and parents are the best way to make sure that happens!
- Be ready to engage and volunteer and generally support the team.
- We sell baked goods and grilled items to earn some money, so if you like to bake, we’d love to have your goodies to sell!
- Also, at the end of every home meet, be ready TO DANCE. It’s pretty much required.
Sign Up for Home Meet Jobs
Hosting swim meets is a team effort, and it’s fun! We’ll have a signup sheet for you soon so you can choose your jobs for all home meets (including the Mock Meet).