1. Everyone must obey the lifeguards at all times.
2. All members and all guests 16 years old and younger must pass a swimming proficiency test in order to swim in the deep end. The test will involve swimming one length of the pool without stopping AND being able to tread water. You must pass BOTH tests. The tests will be administered by a lifeguard.
3. DIVING RULES
- You must be at least 6 years old AND at least 46 inches tall to dive off either diving board. No exceptions.
- Use of diving board by anyone under 18 years of age strictly prohibited without adult supervision.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time.
- Each diver must wait until the preceding diver has surfaced and cleared the area.
- No jumping or diving from the side of the board.
- You are allowed one and only one bounce on the board before diving.
- No hanging from the end of the board.
4. Running, horseplay, or pushing people into the pool is PROHIBITED.
5. No glass containers are allowed on the pool grounds.
6. No food, drinks, candy, or gum in the pool.
7. Smoking is permitted in the parking lot only.
8. No vaping on pool deck
9. No roller-skates, skateboards, bicycles, or any other wheeled vehicles, are permitted on the pool deck.
10. No animals are allowed on pool grounds.
11. Persons with open wounds or skin infections may not be permitted in the pool.
12. Any apparel other than swimwear is prohibited in the pool.
13. Any non-member is limited to a total of five visits to Shannon Park Swim Club.
- Nonmembers must be in the company of a current member and the guest fee must be paid.
14. Children under 15 years of age must be attended by a parent or responsible babysitter at all times.
- Babysitter must be minimum 16 years of age and a licensed driver.
15. Children 15 years of age and older may be dropped off at the pool. These children may bring guests, however, guest fees must be paid. (Parents, make sure that your children know ALL the rules before you allow them to be unattended at the pool.)
- Guests of unaccompanied children 15 years of age or older must also be at least 15 years of age or Rule #14 applies.
16. Members are expected to clean up after themselves and their guests.
17. The baby pool is reserved for children 5 years old or younger. No children may be left unsupervised in the baby pool at any time. The baby pool will be closed during home swim meets.
18. All persons using the pool do so at their own risk. The Club will not be responsible for any accident or injury connected with such use.
19. Any damage to property of the Club incurred or caused by a member or his/her guest shall constitute a debt of the active member of the Club, and shall be immediately due and payable.
20. The Club is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to personal property of the members or guests.
21. The lifeguards have the authority to expel any person, member or guest, from the pool for 24 hours when that individual has violated the pool rules, regulations, or bylaws.
22. The Board of Directors reserve the right to extend the expulsion of a member for any period deemed appropriate.
23. These rules may be revised, or additional rules established, by the Board of Directors as needed.